SCS McLeod Modeling and Simulation Network (M&SNet)
The McLeod Modeling and Simulation Network (M&SNet) is a consortium of co-operating independent organizations active in professionalism, research, education, and knowledge dissemination in the modeling and simulation (M&S) domain. It was established in 2003 by the Society for Modeling and Simulation International (SCS). The M&SNet aims to provide an organizational structure that will serve to integrate and enrich, within its organizations, modeling and simulation activities throughout the world. The M&SNet provides a framework within which organizations interested in M&S can interact, share expertise, and work on problems of common interest.
Mission of the M&SNet is to foster:
- professionalism in modeling and simulation
- advancement of the art and science of M&S
- applying M&S in all domains where it is applicable
- dissemination of M&S-related knowledge.
Member organizations have access to strong and complementary expertise in professionalism, education, research, and knowledge dissemination. For example, when preparing proposals for external funding, participating researchers have access to other researchers in the M&SNet organizations. Researchers in these organizations also benefit from increased opportunities to be included in other proposals.
To achieve this mission, M&SNet works to help its member organizations:
- contribute to both the development of the M&S profession and to its recognition within the scientific/technical community at large
- win and carry out research projects by using the M&SNet consortium to locate and coordinate the right partners
- develop and exchange educational materials (e.g., model curricula, and lecture material) and instructional resources (e.g., software)
- disseminate M&S knowledge through publications and in conferences and seminars.
All member organizations endorse the Code of Professional Ethics for Simulationists; adopted by the SCS and various other organizations. For further information about the code, please click here.
How to Join
Any organization active in M&S professionalism, research, education, or knowledge dissemination, whether in academia, industry, or government, may apply. The organization’s leader sends a letter of application to the director of the M&SNet to identify the areas of M&S activity of the organization. Also the following information must be included:
- a list of the professional/research/educational staff
- their expertise areas
- the URL of the organization's web site
For approval, the organization is required to become an institutional member of the SCS. As a prospective M&SNet member you may apply a discount of US$500 to the fee.
For more information or to apply for membership, please contact: Agostino Bruzzone.
Executive Director & Member Organizations
Policy & Procedures
Multiscale M&S of Biological Systems; Submitted: Nov. 2004 to NSF