Call For Papers
Journal of Defense Modeling & Simulation: Applications, Methodology, Technology (JDMS)
Special Issue: Modeling & Simulation in Big Data Systems
Current events highlight the importance of large data sets in traditional defense and for homeland security applications. This special issue is therefore interested in novel / emerging modeling and simulation techniques that facilitate the design, development and production of effective tools / techniques for handling “big data” on existing and developing security applications. Potential contributions can include but are not limited to:
- Volume, Velocity and Variety implications for modeling and simulation of security systems
- Application of Big Data tools to traditional defense modeling and simulation applications
- Big Indexing - Integration of disparate data sets to enable novel descriptive / prescriptive modeling approaches
- Techniques to visualize data as part of a dynamic modeling process
- Innovative use of models as aggregate understanding / knowledge of large data sets (e.g., represent system dynamic behavioral changes and phase transition information, etc.)
- Use of machine learning to parse large data sets to improve accuracy, timeliness, resolution of dynamic simulation
- Modeling / simulation of stream technology for traditional / emerging security applications
- Logistical challenges for deploying Big Data simulation systems
- Standard "-ilities" via risk, schedule, cost & performance
- Materiel / Non-Materiel Effectiveness Evaluation Techniques as Big Data modeling and simulation systems
- Training Big Data modeling and simulation researchers of the future
Papers submitted should not be concurrently under review at another conference, journal, or similar venue.
Instructions for Manuscript Submission
For manuscript formatting and other guidelines, please visit the Author Guidelines for JDMS page.
Note: Manuscripts must not have been previously published or be submitted for publication elsewhere. Each submitted manuscript must include title, names, authors' affiliations, postal and e-mail addresses, and a list of keywords. For multiple author submission, please identify the corresponding author.
|Full papers due
||December 30, 2012
|Reviews returned to authors
||April 30, 2013
|Revised papers due
||May 30, 2013
|Notification of acceptance:
||July 30, 2013
|Submission of final (revised) papers
||August 30, 2013
|Expected date of publication
||Winter 2013 or Spring 2014
Submissions for Full Paper Review
All manuscripts must be submitted electronically through the paper submission system to the JDMS Manuscript Submission System. In the title page, author(s) must specifically mark that the paper is intended for this special issue as follows: "Submission for the Special Issue of JDMS: "Modeling & Simulation in Big Data Systems".
Final Paper Submissions
Each final submission must be prepared based on the JDMS journal requirements (see the Author Guidelines for JDMS page).
- Jerry M. Couretas, PhD
Editor in Chief
Journal of Defense Modeling and Simulation