Accommodations & Travel
To facilitate your travel to SpringSim'12, this page provides valuable information about local excursions, hotel information, visa memos, transportation info, and other information. As you plan your travel, please check the information provided on this page. Please note that the local committee is making every effort to facilitate your travel arrangements.
SpringSim'12 will be held March 26 - 29, 2012 at the Florida Hotel & Conference Center, Orlando, FL, USA, located at at The Florida Mall, 1500 Sand Lake Road, Tel:1-407-859-1500. SCS has made special arrangements with the hotel for SpringSim'12 attendees. The rate is $117 per night (USD).
| Check-in time is 3:00pm
|| Check-out time is 12:00pm
See other Hotels in the area.
The official hotel for this year’s event is the Florida Mall Hotel and Conference Center. This is where all conference activities will be taking place. We know you have a choice in where you stay when you attend our event; however, staying at our official event hotel helps us meet our contractual obligations for this and future events. We think you’ll be pleased with our hotel selection as we have diligently negotiated to get you our low special group rate.
Located at The Florida Mall, the 511 room Florida Hotel and Conference Center offers amenities not available at most hotels – including in-room spa treatments, and a Starbucks in our lobby. Located just minutes from the Orlando International Airport, the Orange County Convention Center, and Walt Disney World Resort, the hotel is at the center of everything there is to do in Central Florida!
Hotel amenities include:
- 32" Wall Mounted Flat Panel TV
- Starbucks Coffee Shop in the lobby
- Room Service 6:00 AM - 1:00 AM
- Refrigerators in Each Room
- Connected to the Florida Mall
- Heated Pool and Spa
- 2 Restaurants
- Day Spa
- ATM in the Lobby.
Directions to the Hotel
Located midway between Orlando International Airport and Walt Disney World, The Florida Hotel and Conference Center is in the center of all the excitement. The hotel is connected to The Florida Mall, Central Florida's largest indoor shopping experience. And, as business travelers will appreciate, we're close to the Convention Center and Orlando's downtown businesses.
- From Orlando International Airport
- Take the North airport exit and follow signs to the Beachline* Expressway (State Road 528) west go through the first tollbooth, then take the second exit onto State Road 482 (McCoy Road). At this point this road is called McCoy Road, but the name changes to Sand Lake Road once you cross Orange Avenue. Stay on this road approximately 5 miles. At the third traffic light (Golden Sky Lane), turn left into The Florida Mall. Then follow signs to the hotel. There is Valet Parking available for a nominal charge or complimentary self-parking.
- From Interstate 4 West - (from Tampa)
- From I-4, take exit #74 (Sand Lake Road). At the bottom of the ramp, turn right and continue on Sand Lake Road approximately 5 miles to Orange Blossom Trail (US 441-17-92). Turn right (south, go to the second light (Sun Life Path) and turn left into the Florida Mall. Continue straight, then follow signs to the hotel.
- From Interstate 4 East - (from Daytona Beach and Downtown Orlando)
- From I-4, take exit #80, Orange Blossom Trail (US 441-17-92). The exit ramp will merge with south bound traffic on Orange Blossom Trail. Continue south for approximately 5 miles. Go through the intersection at Sand Lake Road (SR 482), continue to the second light (Sun Life Path) and turn left into the Florida Mall. Continue straight, then follow signs to the hotel.
- From The Florida Turnpike, North or South
- From the Florida Turnpike, take exit #254, Orange Blossom Trail (US 441-17-92). Follow signs for "North-East 441." Continue straight on Orange Blossom Trail to the third light (Sun Life Path) and turn right into the Florida Mall. Continue straight, then follow signs to the hotel.
* Please Note: When traveling in Central Florida, the Beachline Expressway was formally known as the 'Beeline Expressway.' Some signs may not be changed yet. So please be aware that these two names are actually the same highway!
Orlando International Airport (Airport Code: MCO)
One Airport Blvd, Orlando, Florida 32827-4399
Distance from hotel: 7.8 mi. Drive time: 14 min.
Driving Directions from Airport to the Hotel: see above.
Transportation to Hotel
While there is no complimentary airport shuttle pick-up, shuttle bus service is available from the airport to the hotel. Check at the Airport.
See the Orlando Travel & Visitors Bureau web site for a list of Local Attractions & Things to Do while you're in Orlando.
For traveling to the United States, attendees should be particularly aware and careful about Visa requirements and should plan travel well in advance. If you require a visa memo, please send your name, mailing address and fax number to SpringSimemail@example.com, and for those with accepted papers, please include the title and all authors of your paper. All this information is necessary, and missing any of it will delay the issuing of the memo. We will assist in providing visa memos for attending the conference. Please note that it may take several days for a visa memo to be sent out after it is requested. Please plan accordingly.