SpringSim 2011 Attendee Information
SCS offers a 50% discount on conference registration fees to full-time students and retirees. If you fall into either of those categories, fill out the appropriate verification form (found in the participant forms area below) and submit it to SCS via mail, e-mail or fax. We will respond to you with instructions on how to register and take advantage of your discount. If you have any difficulties, please don't hesitate to contact us.
This year's conference is being held in Boston, MA from 4-7 April and the official hotel for this year’s event is the Boston Marriott Long Wharf situated on the Boston Harbor waterfront and across the street from Quincy Market/Fanueil Hall. The central location of the hotel is perfect for enjoying all that Boston has to offer.
All conference activities will be taking place at the Long Wharf hotel.
At this time, our special group rate of $199/night is SOLD OUT! Thank you to everyone who choose to stay at our lovely event property. For those who haven't made your reservations, yet, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you in finding alternative hotel accommodations; however, Boston has many other hotels to choose among. The Marriott Long Wharf is very easy to access: the Aquarium T stop is just outside the hotel's front entrance and the airport water taxi stop is just outside the hotel's back entrance.
CONFERENCE PROGRAM OVERVIEW:
The conference will kick-off Monday morning at 8am; however, registration and badge pick-up will be available Sunday afternoon from 3-5pm.
Your registration includes two refreshment breaks daily, the Monday evening reception with lite hors d'oeuvres and access to all sessions and working groups.
- Closest Airport - Boston Logan International Airport
- Transportation to the Hotel:
- The "T" - Take the airport shuttle bus #22 to the MBTA Blue Line and get on the T at the Airport stop. Take it 2 stops and exit at the Aquarium Stop and follow signs for Aquarium as you go up to street level (it will let you off right in front of hotel). The cost is $2 each way.
- Taxi - Approximately $25 each way
- Water Taxi - Fee $10 each way
- Local Attractions:
- New England Aquarium - next door to hotel
- Quincy Market and Fanueil Hall - across the street
- Harbor Cruises and Whale Watching Tours - just outside the hotel's front door
- Downtown Boston, Freedom Trail, Little Italy, and more within minutes of the hotel!
- Visit http://www.cityofboston.gov/visitors/ for more Boston visitor information!
PAPER SUBMISSION INFORMATION:
ENTERTAINMENT & TICKETS:
If you'd like to purchase tickets to events, make dinner reservations, set-up special transportation or arrange for a special group event, please contact Beantown Concierge Services
or via phone at 617-901-2681.