Call for Papers
Emerging Applications of M&S in Industry and Academia (EAIA'12) Symposium
The Symposium for Emerging Applications of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) in Industry and Academia (EAIA) has evolved into a hub for new ideas and successful applications thereof. The focus is on innovative applications of M&S in theory and practice. As such, we are looking for papers that show successful and promising trends. For 2012, we offer seven topic categories plus the "Other Emerging Application" category to be able to give a home to good papers that do not fit into the other categories. For more information on the tracks click on the hyperlinked names of the tracks.
- M&S and Education will continue to look how M&S can be used to enrich education, ranging from public education in middle and high schools over colleges and universities to education of the work force.
- M&S and Engineering has its focus on engineering applications of M&S as well as applying engineering methods to M&S. This includes new engineering management efforts, such as Scrum for M&S, or applying M&S as a Green Technology.
- Business and Industry Simulation Applications shows "where the rubber meets the road." Where is M&S really making a difference in Industry? How can we optimize processes and businesses using new methods that combine M&S and heuristics?
- M&S and Risk Management is looking for contributions regarding theory and application of supporting Risk Management with the full spectrum of M&S.
- M&S and Philosophy is a new topic for EAIA, but as M&S grows as its own discipline, it is time to address some philosophical questions, including the question of how M&S is influenced and influences Philosophy and our understanding of what we understand.
- M&S and Law Enforcement is starting to become a new application domain. The objective is to give a home to papers that evaluate the potential and applicability of the whole M&S spectrum to support law enforcement in training, analysis, and operations.
- M&S Technology Transition is a contemporary interest to avoid the frequent loss of great ideas between R&D and distribution organizations. We are looking for lessons learned and methods derived to enable knowledge transfer.
- Other Emerging Applications is interested other innovative applications of M&S in theory and practice.
Formatting guidelines and author instructions are available at http://www.scs.org/conferences. Papers should be submitted electronically to http://www.softconf.com/scs/EAIA12. All papers will be subject to a peer-reviewing process by three program committee members (see the key dates listed below).
Final Paper Submission Guidelines
Accepted and registered papers will be published in the conference proceedings by the SCS. The committee will select a set of best papers.
||February 6, 2012
|Notification of acceptance
||February 20, 2012
|Full Camera-ready papers
||February 26, 2012
Back to SpringSim'12 Home Page